Hello! I am a researcher in computer vision and machine learning. My present research focus is explainable artificial intelligence and cognitive-science inspired computer vision. I blog about similar topics and also maths and programming in general.
Presently, I am a master’s student at the University of Guelph and Vector Institute. I am working with Prof Graham Taylor at the Machine Learning Research Group. Before this, I was a research assistant at the Visual Computing Lab at the Indian Institute Of Science working with Prof Anirban Chakraborty and Prof Anand Mishra. I did my bachelor’s in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Indian Institute Of Technology (ISM) Dhanbad in 2017. I have also spent time working in the industry at Samsung Research Institute Delhi, Shell R&D Center Bangalore, HyperWorks Imaging Bangalore for a total of two years.
- [April 2021] Started as a Scientist in Residence for the NEXT AI startup accelerator
- [Oct 2020] Started as an instructor for LearnAI course at the University of Toronto
- [Aug 2020] Attended the MIT-CBMM Summer School on Brains, Minds and Machines 2020 virtually
- [July 2020] Attended the CIFAR Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning Summer School 2020 virtually
- [June 2020] Our paper was accepted to CVPR 2020 Minds vs Machines Workshop for an oral presentation
- [Jan 2020] Joined the Machine Learning Research Group at University of Guelph as a graduate research assistant
- [Nov 2019] Volunteered and presented our work at the International Conference in Computer Vision 2019 in Seoul
- [Sep 2019] Started MASc in AI at the University of Guelph. Thankful to receive the Vector Scholarship and JN Tata Scholarship
- [Aug 2019] Attended the Bayesian Methods in Deep Learning Summer School 2019 in Moscow
- [July 2019] Attended the Machine Learning Summer School 2019 in London